Dripping overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my baxi combi 105e.
I released some of the pressure by turning the red 3 bar knob slightly to drain some water. I have then topped the system back up but the water now comes out of the overflow. I now can't keep enough water in the system to use the boiler at the recommended pressure level.
Any suggestions?

Many thanks from a plumbing nob

Sponsored Links
you have killed the red top valve (pressure relief valve) by opening it, muck has got on the seating and it will not now seal

why did you have to release some of the pressure? did you over fill it or did it get high by itself?

norminal pressure would be 1 bar

you can sometimes get it to resit if you twist it some more and even let a some more water out (boiler off) to try and clear it

corgiman has some questions worthy of you answering cos you might have more problems

If you had read some on the postings here and probably the FAQ section then you would have seen that a DIYer should NEVER use the PRV to let water out !!!

It can always be changed if necessary !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Very helpful.
Is it an easy job to fit a new one myself or should I get one of you pro's in?

Now back to a cold house for a twist of the knob and if still nothing I'm on the hunt for a new valve. :rolleyes:

when was the last time you had the boiler serviced

Again WHY did you feel the need to reduce the pressure!!

I didn't think I was reducing it I thought I was increasing it. The pressure has been reducing slowly for weeks and I have been topping it up with extra water. I thought the PRV could help this problem but instead made it worse. I know what a nob!

Anyway the good news! Turned it 3 clicks, lowered the pressure via bleed and its stopped dripping. Just need to figure out this dropping of pressure out as I cant find a leak anywhere.

Regards from a warming nob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back