Dripping single mono mixer tap...can't get top off...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I saw a previous thread that had a similar problem, but the solution was never posted.
I am renting a property in Switzerland and in the last week, since the weather has gotten a lot colder, my bathroom tap has started to have a slow drip drip...which is not only very annoying, but as I'm on a water meter, it's costing me money.
I was planning on replacing the washer/cartdridge depending on what I found inside, except I can't figure out how to get into the tap! The one downstairs in the kitchen is slightly different and has a small screw at the back, but the one in the bathroom with the problem, has no visible way I can see to get into it.
I'm attaching some images as I have no clue what model or make or even type of tap this is...

So any help at all on how to get into it without breaking it, would be greatly appreciated :)
View media item 53300 View media item 53301 View media item 53302 View media item 53303
Thanks
Lorna

Sponsored Links
remove the temperature indicator - the blue/red circle in the centre below the lever and you'll find the retaining screw behind it. this will release the selector lever and expose the headgear

I'm not sure but......
I have just this second watched "How It's Made" on TV.
They were making a similar tap.
The final job was to screw on the top with an allen key then......
push in the little blue / red stopper, just under the handle.

IF, yours is the same, try carefully prising out the little blue / red button to see what (if anything) is beneath.

Hope it works out.

Ian.

EDIT:- damn you "newboy", I thought I'd finally got the first post in......foiled again.

Sponsored Links
Great thanks both - I did wonder if that was a possibility...but again...I didnt want to break it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back