Dripping water down back of fascia at corner guttering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there first post so please excuse me.
I have a drip down the back of the fascia where the corner guttering is situated .The house is L shaped and the drip is where the main guttering run turns to a smaller run where the downpipe is. I have had the gutters cleaned before and this has temporarily fixed it but it is back.
Could someone advise how much to expect to get someone out to look at it ? I can't do ladders at the moment due to an injury.
It might need a new drip edge or the run of the gutter may be off causing the water to gather in the corner and drip down.

Any advice appreciated as it is dripping onto a gas box and drives me mad sometimes !

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Poorly fitted or tired corner fittings usually sag causing the water to spill over the front rather than down the back.

Similarly and overflowing gutter usually does the same.

However, a leaking joint will drip in the middle of the gutter.

A drip down the back of the gutter means something is wrong with the tile over-hang and is not usually remedied with maintenance.

is it at the corner where the valley of the roof is or an external corner? the gutters could fill up with cr*p quickly if you are near trees etc. How many outlets are there?

Hi its the corner that catches the rainwater as it runs down the gully/valley , it been chucking it down here and it seems to be getting between the corner joint in the soffits/fascias and then dripping down.
It could be moss /leaves but I can't get up due to my leg injury ! From five a sides !
As I said previously I have cleared out moss and leaves and it seemed to work but I suspect a badly fitted corner joint or a badly fitted tile.

I suppose I'll just have to call out a professional for a look what should I expect to pay for a readjusted gutter or a tile replacement ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry meant to add the downpipe is only about 5 feet away but is at the other corner if you know what I mean . the next nearest downpipe is round the side of the house towards the. Back.
Not sure if the nearest downpipe is taking much water away I just can't tell from looking out my bedroom window but the run certainly does seem to slope towards the corner rather than away,

Thanks for your replies so far.

any crap from the valley will end up in the corner piece and cause overflowing, a gutter clear out could be around £50, any parts would end up costing extra, maybe the gutters need leveling out or fit hedgehogs or similar

Thanks for your help I'll get someone out for an inspection , would normally clean the gutters myself but think this time it may be a gutter adjustment I think ,

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back