Driverless cars.

Sponsored Links
I think the idea is looking to the future where driverless cars are the norm and maybe car ownership is not the norm.take away all the city centre car parks etc.when you need a car one arrives at your door and takes you to your destination,picks you up and takes you home.the car goes off on other journeys as do thousands like it.that is one possibility of the future.

If folk are eventually permitted to be carried in these vehicles without having to take responsibility for driving, it would be great.

I would use one all the time. I know there are buses, but it's not the same.

Oh I see; they will have people in them.

I thought there was just going to be extra driverless cars adding to the congestion.

A bit like wind generators - I think it's windy enough already.

Sponsored Links
I think the idea is to remove the loose nut that holds the steering wheel. :)

It wasn't long ago that we were told that the future would be personal gyrocopters.

It wasn't long ago that we were told that the future would be personal gyrocopters.
Thankfully a lot of prophesies never come true!:D
From what I see driving around, a lot of people can't operate a car reliably let alone any sort of aircraft.
The lack of car moving skills (I'm loathe to call it "driving") seems mostly due to having a car full of screens and toys, the attention span of a spavined wombat, and the urgent need to have got to where they are going ten minutes ago. :eek:

I think the idea is looking to the future where driverless cars are the norm and maybe car ownership is not the norm.take away all the city centre car parks etc.when you need a car one arrives at your door and takes you to your destination,picks you up and takes you home.the car goes off on other journeys as do thousands like it.that is one possibility of the future.

Driverless cars are simply the byproduct of surveillance/security obsessed governments that want to know everything you are doing all of the time.

Just the act of being in a certain place at a certain time of day adds to the congestion on Britain's streets.. it won't magically disappear because cars are driverless.. keep in mind people won't stop fuking anytime soon, so expect millions more people all crowded into this tiny little island in the coming years.

People imagine things they've seen in films of large transit systems, with little vehicles wizzing along at high speed. All clean and efficient. It's 100s of years away from anything like that, by which point the air will not be breathable and the food unedible, so may as well forget the whole thing.

Sponsored Links
Back