Driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

As a newbie to DIY I would be grateful for any advice on how I need to go about taking another foot of the end of my wall and leaving a nice flat face.

Also I would like to dig up the shingle and concrete the remaining driveway area.

Is this doable or is it best left to the 'professionals'?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Both fairly simple jobs for the diy person if you are reasonably practical and have the equipment.

For the wall you need a brick bolster and lump hammer, once you have these you can use them to remove the desired bricks. It look to cut a foot off you will need to cut back some of the bricks to get a straight wall you can do this using the bricky bolster and hammer. you should wear safety glasses for this or you will end up with crap in you eyes.

Regarding the driveway you should dig out the gravel and any loose concrete about 150 mm deep and discard to your local tip. You should then put back in approx 60 - 80 mm of mot type 1 (B&Q and the like just call it sub base) and compact well then top up level with concrete mixed 4 ballast to 1 cement. You can use a rake to spread it and a piece of wood to level it off.

Do you know how to mix concrete? If you need anymore help just let me know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back