Drum springs snapped off AEG 86741

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The suspension springs for the drum on my AEG Lavamat 86741 have snapped of the drum on one side.

Its the plastic on the drum itself where the hole is drilled that has worn through.

Is there likely to be anything I can do? There is just enough room on the plast to possibly drill another hole but not sure if it would be too weak to do its job.

Any advice would be most welcome as I would rather not ditch the whole machine due to one little hole!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Generally that is a new outer drum req.

You can try and drill a new hole but it will move the centre of balance. This may give you a short amount of extra time if it does not cause too much vibration.

Whenever I have seen this it has invariably been due to excessive vibration normally due to constant overloading of the drum.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Looks like I'm going to have to attempt to drill a hole as AEG are quoting silly money just for a tech to look, which if as believed he would want to replace the drum, could end up costing more than the machine is worth.

Is their a way to get a part for just that outer drum bit?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The spring mounts are part of the outer tub so you can not replace them without changing the outer tub at least which means a strip down of the machine or a replacement of the whole drum assembly.

Try an independant near you they may have a second hand drum, we do keep them if they are in good nic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back