Dry Verge Fitting Problem

• Thread starter roberta1000
  • Start date
R

roberta1000

I have had uPVC fascias/soffits fitted recently. The roof is concrete tiles and the roofer said that they had been trimmed at the gables and he could not fit a dry verge. Apparently the tiles have been trimmed such that the high part is too close to the edge to provide any purchase for the dry verge and prevents them from being pushed fully in.

Does this sound like a stopper or are there any dry verge systems which can cope with this?

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that the dry verge units should be capable of capping the tile at the highest part of the profile. After all, they are designed to cap two thicknesses of tile at a given point.

Sounds fishy to me.

if its a curved profile tile it will stop it gong on as the verge unit has a flat section and wont fit between to tiles with a curve, surely you would check were the tile will finish before you tiled the roof though

Trimmed or not there would always be a high point close to the egde on high profiled tiles..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back