Dry verge on half hipped roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my roof re tiled and the roofer has installed a continuous dry verge system up the side of the house. Thing is he has taken this up the diagonals on the side of the house but the roof has a half hip and so between the two diagonals there is a horizontal section which he has not dry verged. Can anyone tell me if this should have been dry verged or is there any reason that this cannot be done.
Thanks
Argentum

Sponsored Links
You can only dry verge a 'verge'.

A horizontal section is the eaves where you have tiles overhanging and guttering.

Any chance of a piccy?

This is not my house but should be okay for illustrative purposes. The sections marked in black have already been dry verged but the section in red is the one in question. This has just been left with a tile overhang and no dry verge to link the 2 black areas. Hope you understand what I mean.

Argentum

Sponsored Links
As i have said, the section illustrated in red is not verge but eaves overhang which should have guttering.

You can only dry verge...er...verge.

Thanks Noseall
It didnt have guttering before the re roof and they havn't added guttering with the re roof. There is a slight differance between he piccy and my roof in that there are 'soffits'? running along the walls under both the red and black sections of roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back