dry verge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the verge as morter in, does that need breaking out to fix the dry verge, with screws, then clip in?

Sponsored Links
You do have to remove the morter first and you will find the battens are normally cut flush with the wall, you can buy plastic exstender which go over your batten and you ajust to the disired lenght, about £1.50 each, better than having to cut the batten back to the next truss and putting a new piece in! or you can get Mr ***** to just nail though the morter to the end of your batten with big nails,garrented to last till the winter if your lucky!

Leadman.

Have you a link to those plastic batten extenders, we've never heard of those and they may come in useful in the future.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sorry surrey i do'nt, i will try to find out who makes them and let you know ok.

I'm not 100% here but Marley do their Dry Verge in a 'Refurbishment' kit and I believe it contains something to extend the battens

That must be one of the only Marley Eternit products that aren't mentioned in the hundreds of bloody brochures we get sent a month from them! lol

Hi Surrey, i asked today in the roofing shop i buy from and the said that Marley make them,hope this helps
Dave

This is from the Marley Eternit Refurbishment Dry Verge

Dryverge.jpg

is that being screwed onto the end of the batten, so you have to take off a couple of slates and turn back the felt?

The Dry Verge is for concrete tiles which are easy to remove rather than slates; the felt is under the battens so would not need to be folded back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back