DSC PC5015 with LCD5501Z keypad Event Buffer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DSC PC5015 (V2.82) with LCD5501Z keypad (the 7-segment one, not the full dot matrix type) and I need to look at the event buffer. I've checked the user instructions that I've found on the www, but it looks like you have to have the LCD5500 keypad before you can enter *6 to scroll to the correct option. :(

Does anyone know how to view the event log with this keypad?

Sponsored Links
I've just had a look at the paperwork for this RKP and can't find any mention of a Log. Strange.

I'll have a further rummage.

Try *3

Thanks Europlex. I looked harder and contacted a UK distributor in Nottingham. They said that it couldn't be done. I needed the obsolete software (the new stuff isn't backwards-compatible) or the obsolete LCD5500Z text keypad.

I finally tracked a keypad down on eBay in Ohio, USA? It's now been ordered so I hope It's the right version! I couldn't find one closer from anybody. :(

Who on earth designs an alarm panel which won't let you look at the log without the fully-featured keypad? :rolleyes:

Btw, DCS call the log "the event buffer" and I'll need to put in *6
Code:
 and then use the < & > buttons to scroll to the event buffer option (but my keypad doesn't have those buttons!).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back