Dual Flush Dripping in to Pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently had a toilet installed. It's one of those new fangled ones with the dual flush button and a central flush unit. Annoyingly it's leaked since it was new. I've had various people twist the middle bit out and adjust it but it always seems to drip.

Is there any reason why a new toilet flush unit would leak? The unit is originally from Victoria Plumb.

James

Sponsored Links
Don't... that's a whole heap of drama itself :cautious: We suffered at the hands of a cowboy and had to have a lot of things put right!

Utility company love these type of flush valves when coupled with a water meter..

Sponsored Links
Fit Push Button Flapper unit .
pro73uk_flapperflushvalvekit_240.png

These new modern ones do seem to just be a bit rubbish from what I've gathered... There's me thinking they're meant to save water!

Just a thought...is it overflowing or running through from the seal at the bottom? What kind of toilet is it - is it a close coupled one, or one with a concealed cistern? Push-button flush valves are very reliable generally, but it's always good to go with a recognised quality brand

It's not overflowing. It appears that's it's an issue with the seal at the bottom.

New fangled? I've had push button flushes in bathrooms for what must be two decades...... Anyway, you need to be more specific about where it is leaking....and a pic might help. Why not get the installer back?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back