Dual flush hidden cistern - slow dribble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts,

I am hoping you can give me a few pointers with regards to accessing the cistern part of my toilet.

I have had this suite since 2008 so not bad going, but over the last year or so, it has started dribbling after a flush and does not seem to settle or relent in its flow.

I think it is an ideal standard toilet but I am hazarding a guess as I inherited this toilet and it has a shelf with two buttons on the top for the flush mechanism.

I managed to remove the buttons by lifting them up however I am now faced with what seems to be the impossible task of turning the white protrusions round without breaking it.

Googling for similar setups have shown that there is a screw which needs to be removed however in my setup there is no screw.

There are grooves on the base with the groove being practically flat on one side and then increasing in height until there is a small drop between the top of the groove and floor of the base. There are two "wings" on each protrusion and it seems that when first assembled, the wings were twisted until it reached the flat part of the groove and with continuous twisting of the protrusion the wings slid across the groove until it reached the end of it and then it drops to the base and cannot move at that point as there is a small height for the wing to go over which it cannot.

In the middle of the protrusions there is a small hole through which there is a rubber "tag".

I am thinking that I should continue in my quest to try and make the "wings" overcome the elevated groove however I wanted to find out if I am on the right track and if yes, which tool I can use to make the job easier.

View media item 57695
Regards,

Clueless B

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back