Dual Fuel Towel Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

Surely there is more too it this than just buy a normal plumbed in rad and actually fit an electrical element?

I've got 1 day to prepare for the plasterer to come in and I'm wanting to put a towel radiator on the wall. It would make sense to plumb one into the heating system but I would also like the electric option. A plumber told me they were available.

Having looked all over the internet I was expecting to find a dual fuel radiator but instead all I can find is a normal rad and an electric element.

Is it that simple?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
It is quite simple yes, you will need an element suitably sized to heat the towel radiator and a t-piece to allow entry for installation/fitting of the element.

It's just like an immersion heater that you get in a hot water cylinder! Simples (y)

You will obviously need access to an electrical feed with fused spur and possibly room for a 12month timer.

Last edited:
As above you will need an electrical source and that will require to comply to wiring regulations and if the rad is in a shower/bathroom then additional protection with regards to RCD will be required. And if the electrics pass through or are installed in a domestic bathroom zone, notification o building controls is required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

It's for a utility room. Gonna have a kind of drying room for clothing after a dog walk or my bike leathers if it should rain. Going to plumb it in the CH but also have the electrical element through an FCU off the ring so don't waste money heating the entire house when a quick 30 heat blast would dry things.

What element would you recommend? It'll be on a time switch and the towel rad is 150mm x 600mm.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back