Duel Tech overkill for a house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im now in a position where I'm about to order parts to add to my existing Texecom Premier Elite alarm system in my house.

I'm going to replace a lone PIR on the upstairs landing with a zone expander and wire another 3 PIR's one for each bedroom and a vibration detector on the bathroom window. The rear of the house has a single level extension so upstairs windows are vulnerable, also we have a front porch that leaves one of the front upstairs windows vulnerable.

Are duel Tech's overkill for this? they're working out at about £13 extra each and I'm looking at the Texecom Prestige AMDT+ , is it worth paing the extra in the grand scheme of things given that the system will hopefully last 20 years plus?

Also they list these PIR's as 'Remote LED Disable' what does this mean, could I have the LED on when not set (to put your mind at ease they're working) but disable the LED when part set at night so they dont light every time I move in bed?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The AMDT's are overkill but as they are hardwired they are not that expensive and you have antimask warning.

The LED's are on at default so wouldn't worry about it too much.

You can disable the led and wire an output to the detector so that they come on in walk test etc, again if your installing it yourself it doesn't matter.

DTs are less prone to false alarms and are definately better. Anti-masking is overkill for a house.

You can turn the LEDs off in the bedroom detectors if you find that the room becomes a disco every time you roll over! You can still check that they are working with the walk test...

(We don't fit Texecom so I can't comment on this particular detector.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back