Dulux Endurance rubbish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just started painting the kitchen walls with Dulux Endurance - it is rubbish. It slakes immediately even though I have added water to slow the drying.
I did a base coat of white emulsion then tried the colour Endurance - you have about a minute to keep the "interface" moving. If you take a few minutes doing an edge say and you over-paint , it immediately comes with the brush, leaving patches. There is no going back !! The walls are good plaster, with paint on them, plus I did a coat of white emulsion to even things up.

Well the unopened tins ARE going back. The worst paint I have ever had.

Sponsored Links
Dulux retail paints don't like being thinned, don't really know what you mean by "slakes".

I think slake means it sucks up water -- anyway it dries so quickly that it drags off with the brush if you go back within even a minute or so. The previous coat of ordinary white emulsion went on without any problems.

kitchen, you say.

How did you clean the walls?

Sponsored Links
steamed off od wallpaper, then washed down with sugar soap water.
In any case, painted with a coat of white emulsion with no problem.

Added : I just read a post from last year where someone did the cutting in with a brush and then went to paint the rest with a roller - he said the cutting in came off and stuck to the roller.

yes, I've had that on dirty sections of wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back