Dulux matt paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a nightmare time with Dulux "once" and matt paint. Patchy, despite repeated coats, and as a last resort brought in a professional to try a coat, the finish was just the same. The "once" paint was put over a suitable wallpaper and the ordinary one on matt painted walls. When I complained to the retailer he offered a refund without question, I suspect he has had other complaints previously, he did not even suggest trying to call the Dulux customer service on this issue. On reading your previous threads I would advise all to give this paint a big body swerve.

Sponsored Links
To be fair, I've never had any luck with any 'once' paints, be it emulsion or oil based. But agreed, am finding more and more by dulux disappointing and have switched to crown where possible. I also overheard staff in B&Q the other day saying that dulux have put up all their prices, making it more expensive than crown too.

Hope you get your walls fixed!! If any help, I've recently painted a newly plastered bedroom with crown flat mat & a normal emulsion white paint for the ceiling and both paints covered well. I didn't need to give the ceiling a second coat as it covered 100% on first. :)

Cheers Blightymam, have taken the paper off and now painting the walls with Homebase home of colour, this is going on no probs, should have stuck with this as I always used it in the past. Their just one coat is also a very good paint to use.

But agreed, am finding more and more by dulux disappointing and have switched to crown where possible. I also overheard staff in B&Q the other day saying that dulux have put up all their prices, making it more expensive than crown too.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone confirm that B&Q have ditched the Dulux mixing system in favour of Valspar, or do they still use both?
I'm out of the country for a while but have been told by a few friends that my local store only mixes Valspar now. It wouldn't surprise me after all of the recent problems with Dulux. I know that Valspar has a great reputation here in the US and was very popular over there a number of years back, when paint was paint. :(

Cheers
mrH :)

Sponsored Links
Stop bragging and get back here pronto. :evil: :evil:

Don't tell me you are hanging it up for good.

Valspar at our local B&Q too - but is it down to dulux quality, or that Valspar is B&Q's own brand paint?!! I've not heard favourable things about the quality of the paint. Think will stick to crown for now until something better comes along!

the Dulux brand was, IIRC, bought up by some foreign company not long ago. I don't know if the UK formulae and factories are still used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back