Dulux Paint Pod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a Dulux Paint Pod and found it to be quite handy and quick. I have had a full house to paint and found it very quick, with little mess and easy to clean as I have no dedicated cleaning facillities apart from a tap and bucket.

My question is now that I am getting to the end of the pod I bought, can I fill this with Dulux trade paint, and if I can will I need to water it down at all?

Sponsored Links
Never used one so can't really offer any advice, your best bet would be to contact Dulux and see what they have to say.

Dec

I remember a thread from a while back when I checked and found that you should only use the 'specially formulated' Dulux Paint Pod paint. Probably just yet another way for Dulux to boost their profits but like Dec, having never used one, I can't say how standard emulsion would work.

Here's the thread and the link that tells you under Important Information:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1936039#1936039

Important Info

Sponsored Links
I am surprised you found it quick, as my experience as a decorator is that I can roller a wall or ceiling far more quickly than I can paint-pod it. They seem to me to be useful only where there is a lot of clutter/furnishing to be avoided, as they create no splattering at all. The paint is more expensive and if you use watered down non-proprietary products (even Dulux own emulsion), the guarantee is voided.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back