Dulux trade supermatt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've managed to remove all the wallpaper from my lounge. The walls are in fairly good condition. I've used some ready mixed plaster from Polycell to make some repairs.
Once i've sanded this and the walls down i was going to paint the walls with "Dulux Trade Supermatt" as an undercoat.

Is this correct? Should i use this as is from the Tub or should i add some water?

The walls have not been painted before (as far as i can see).

I'm hoping that if i do this i'll be able to see areas where i need to do some more sanding, filling. Then i'll be able to apply my colour.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The first thing you really must do is scrub those walls to death to remove all of the old paste..if theres any laying in the wall ad you paint over it the paint will be off at some point in the not to distant.

You can use supermat..but you will have to thin it down a fair bit iid say 40-50%..its very thick.

Or you can use vinyl matt..which will stand up better to any rubbing down etc you intend to do as part of the making good process.

Dont expect to get away with just two coats though...youll probably need three

You will certainly need three if you intend to use supermatt because the next coat of vinyl matt will soak into it and it will probably look patchy.

I am not a pro, but I like to use a broad scraper (and plenty of hot water) to remove old paste and snots of paper. I reckon it gets it off better than scrubbing or sanding.

One of those green scotchbrite pads are good.

Sponsored Links
I'm going to sand the walls first then i'll scrub them down to make sure they are clean.

I went to B&Q tonight and see that Crown and Dulux do a wall basecoat.

Anyone used it before?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back