1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

DVD recorder unable to record channels please help

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Kath123, 31 Oct 2009.

1. Kath123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a toshiba dvd recorder just 1 month old. I am unable to record any tv channels. When i try and put in the channel i want to record i am only getting av1 av2 or av3. It has worked perfectly well until yesterday. Nothing has been moved (cables) etc. I have tried to reset all channels as if starting from scratch but still only av1 etc. Please can someone help

2. Steve

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Kath, word of advice, there is nothing more infuriating than replying to someone on their thread, then realising they have another thread in which they have given more information. Dont duplicate threads.

3. Kath123

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry Steve - i thought perhaps i hadn't explained myself properly. It is very hard to put it into words. Thanks for your reply.

4. GRC

GRC

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This might sound really obvious, but are you stuck on AV1 / AV2 etc on the DVD recorder, or on the TV?

5. ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Quick guess!
    The recorder had analogue receiver built in.
    Analogue has been switched off in your area.
    I also bought an analogue DVD recorder and for me no problem as I only use Satellite TV. Only down side is once switched off the time will no longer auto set itself.

6. GRC

GRC

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That doesn't fit with the symptoms described. In the above scenario the user would get snow when selecting the analogue channels, but she describes not being able to select them at all......