DVD recorder unable to record channels please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a toshiba dvd recorder just 1 month old. I am unable to record any tv channels. When i try and put in the channel i want to record i am only getting av1 av2 or av3. It has worked perfectly well until yesterday. Nothing has been moved (cables) etc. I have tried to reset all channels as if starting from scratch but still only av1 etc. Please can someone help

Sponsored Links
Kath, word of advice, there is nothing more infuriating than replying to someone on their thread, then realising they have another thread in which they have given more information. Dont duplicate threads.

Sorry Steve - i thought perhaps i hadn't explained myself properly. It is very hard to put it into words. Thanks for your reply.

This might sound really obvious, but are you stuck on AV1 / AV2 etc on the DVD recorder, or on the TV?

Sponsored Links
Quick guess!
The recorder had analogue receiver built in.
Analogue has been switched off in your area.
I also bought an analogue DVD recorder and for me no problem as I only use Satellite TV. Only down side is once switched off the time will no longer auto set itself.

Quick guess!
The recorder had analogue receiver built in.
Analogue has been switched off in your area.
I also bought an analogue DVD recorder and for me no problem as I only use Satellite TV. Only down side is once switched off the time will no longer auto set itself.

That doesn't fit with the symptoms described. In the above scenario the user would get snow when selecting the analogue channels, but she describes not being able to select them at all......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back