E119 error baxi duo-tec 28 HE A

As i (suppose) i expected, the pressure stayed at 1.5bar with the flow & return valves closed. I cannot return the flow valve to open now! it seems properly stuck in the closed position!!!! I need this open tomorrow to fill the system so that the leak will be dripping, don't i?

Eddy - We will get to the bottom of this....

Sponsored Links
Perhaps this should be confined to the combustion chamber pot?? How do you range rate the CH output on these??

Closing isolation valves isn't really NON-DIY. Definitely sounds like a leak on the system.

Can't range rate them unfortunately :(.

Eddy, try using a spanner or something. Once it's moved a tiny bit it'll move the rest of the way pretty easily I expect. If required you can take the black plastic part off and move the metal spindle with a smaller spanner.

is that noise the water going out of prv ? cooper pipe should be located outside

Sponsored Links
if not then you have a main heat ex leak , will explain prv dry and no visible leak as its tracking through condensate

No.

You haven't read the thread properly. It holds pressure inside the boiler when the isolation valves are shut. So the boiler has no leak. When he opens the isolation valves the pressure has already dropped in the system and so it rushes out of the boiler and the gauge falls. The leak is on the system.

ah sorry i have a tendancy not to read every comment, but yeah, stormer , deffo a leak some where there , fit a pressure reducing valve on the filling loop , leave it open , over time u may find the leak lmfao :D

ah sorry i have a tendancy not to read every comment, but yeah, stormer , deffo a leak some where there , fit a pressure reducing valve on the filling loop , leave it open , over time u may find the leak lmfao :D
I've seen it done before! :ROFLMAO:

I did it as a temporary fix on a nursing home late at night once. Went back next day though. Funny enough it was a heat exchanger on a Baxi Megaflo (same heat exchanger as the DuoTec) leaking down the condensate!

Hi guys, found the leak today!!! went under the house and firstly listened for a drip, i heard one, found it, tightened the push fit type connection and hey presto - pressure remains constantly betwen 1 and 1.5bar :)

Happy Man

Thanks for all your help - quite liked the idea of pouring perfume into the system and following my noise to the leak!!! hehehe.

I'm sure i will be back with other queries / knightmares...

Thanks again

Eddy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back