E168 baxi error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need some help. Keep on getting an e168 error code on my baxi platinum 28hea boiler, it's out of warranty now so not a simple ring them and fix it.

1st plumber replaced the pump as said it had gone
Have also had the PCB changed, after that it seems to trip out less than before. Tends to trip either in the afternoon or 1st thing in the morning. Thought it was an issue with the timer but left it on constant and still errors out- any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi @bikky73
E168 is almost always a PCB fault (every one I've had has been cured by replacing the PCB) so that's usually the first port of call. Have you had yours replaced?

Sponsored Links
98% pcb but it has been know that an earth fault of any circuit can cause this

hmm, and we've just been rewired, and had the boiler moved... thats my first step then.

It might appear that way. However, also note the boiler did spring a leak after it'd been moved, and the circuit board did get wet.

I think check the electric side of it first, then failing that new PCB. nothing else is having a problem with electrics since re-wiring. Although pre-wiring we did used to trip out in the kitchen regularly.

Oddly, I've checked the condenser outlet pipe, this was clear with a little water in the bottom but free flowing.... then with this done the boiler hadn't errored again... Keeping an eye on that, As soon as it does it's then onto checking the electric supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back