Earth Bonding - Gas Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The gas board have just been out to try and fix a gas leak I have and have now put a warning on my meter saying that it isn't earthed.

Could someone advise how I earth it please. I have searched the net and it appears I need to run a earth cable from the house side gas pipe back to the consumer unit but I can't find anywhere what size cable I should use.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
usually 10mm in a private house. A single run with no cuts and joins. Show us a picture of your electrical incoming supply cable, service head, main fuse and consumer unit for more advice.

10mm earth cable attached to the pipework within 600mm of the meter on the users side, and before any tees in the supply. Run all the way back to the main earthing terminal. ( usually located by the consumer unit)

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
usually 10mm in a private house. A single run with no cuts and joins. Show us a picture of your electrical incoming supply cable, service head, main fuse and consumer unit for more advice.

Water service needs bonding, and you can provide 1 x 10mm earth cable and provided the cable is not cut, clamp it on the main water feed and then take it on to the gas main feed. Cable is then terminated on the MET / main earth terminal in or adjacent to the CU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back