Earth bonding to gas and water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Would be grateful for people opinions on this situation I am in....

The Client has requested a 17th edition consumer unit upgrade due to a child receiving an electric In the house. I visited the house to get an idea of what's going on etc.. the gas and water main have a 6mm earth tagged onto them. However, the client has limited funds and can only afford a fuseboard change including testing. Will take an extra day to upgrade the bonding to 10mm as laminate flooring/concrete floors are everywhere! With the supply characteristics that's present, would I be able to leave it at 6mm. Tncs system, main fuse 60a 1361. Or could I put it as a limitation on the certificate? Upgrade of equipotential bonding to water main and gas main in 10mm could not be carried out at present???

Carl

Sponsored Links
Thanks, sorry for sloppy posting, using my phone to write this!

Would it be acceptable if I carried out a continuity check on the bonding if I get readings below 0.05ohms would be acceptable? taking into consideration the type of earthing system and fuse size?

Thanks,
Carl

Sponsored Links
The installation is TNCS.

I beleive you can verify 6mm by using adabatic equation.

TNC-S (PME) requires 10mm min (even then your supplier might require more)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back