Earth Bonding To Gas Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I rent out a property and I have been advised that I should connect a 10mm earth bond between the gas meter pipe and the earth terminal at my electric meter.
Can someone advise me the best place to buy an earth-bonding kit for this job.

Sponsored Links
any electical wholesaler will sell you the bits if you tell them what you want to do..
or you could try any of the big DIY stores.. they all carry electrical bits these days, some spotty little oik in an orange t-shirt should be able to help you out..

Ideally it should be maximum 600mm on your side of the meter - you can buy packs of 10 from Screwfix ... but, you need to make sure the advice given is correct - who said 10mm and did they say only to the meter .. ?

all lives are important, not just cos you're renting out

Sponsored Links
must be nice to come from a posh area... they're all spotty little oiks in ours...
the guy running the saw looks like he's on work experience from primary school... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back