earthing main gas & water pipes

JohnD Thanks again.

The bath panel is screwed to a wood frame so this complies.
The pump unit is fed direct from the CU on its own cable underneath the floor so no choice for the earth terminal to be hidden under the bath. In fact from the point it leaves the CU it is not visible anywhere.

I know that pipes are all soldered as I wouldn't let them use plastic fittings as I have had 2 fail on me. 1 whilst on holiday - awful mess. And I checked before the floors went down.

I'm good to go.

Thank you.

TheFlyingPig

Not sure on forum rules so if this is wrong someone let me know. I got them from QVS (not QVC shopping channel) although any electrical wholesalers will do. I generally find the nearest one thats open is always the best one!! Especially if its getting near lunch time on a Saturday.

Footsore

Sponsored Links
If (and only if) your light fitting is Class II, then you can choose to omit the supp bonding to the fitting. However (number 1), if you change the fitting in the future to Class I, then you will need it.

However (number 2), if, as John says, your lighting has no cpc, then you really should have the circuit updated.

Sponsored Links
FootSore said:
J...I wouldn't let them use plastic fittings as I have had 2 fail on me.
Hi Footsore

I'm always curious to know in what way push-fit fittings have failed.

Do you remember what brand they were, and, if known, the reason for them leaking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back