Eastern european installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Polish guys built this summer house and also did the electrics! The owner just wanted me to put the supply to it.............

103_0535.jpg

103_0525.jpg

103_0524.jpg

103_0527.jpg

103_0530.jpg

103_0534.jpg

Sponsored Links
That looks about par for the course.... at least they got the colours the right way round!

Polish guys built this summer house and also did the electrics
And the relevance of their nationality, and the reason you mentioned it is what, exactly?

Feel free to provide a rational explanation which does not involve you being a racist.

I won't hold my breath.

Perhaps he meant furniture polish guys.

This would be a great opportunity for people to send in pictures of outstandingly excellent electrical work as installed by 'polish guys', to prove there is no racism on this forum.

Sponsored Links
How would that show that there is no racism?

If you got an English log-cabin erector to do electrical work would you be any more likely to get a good job done?

Do you think that the work done in that cabin would comply with Polish electrical regulations?

The real problem here is bad work done by a cowboy, and there are cowboys in every country. The problem here was not that the people who put the cabin up were Polish it was that they were not competent to do electrical work. It's their lack of competence that matters, not their nationality.

Ahh, so nobody is a bigot then?
Is that a Scottish word?

I must agree with BAS the country of origin likely has no bearing on workmanship.

However read any news paper and see how they describe people. A council worker did xyz and as you read you realise it had nothing what so ever to do with the job the guy did.

Of course we do get problems with European workers mainly in my experience German where they have followed German rules.
But the work shown would I am sure not pass any of the EEC members rules.

Years ago when the DNO connected up a house they would inspect the house first. Now they just ask for paperwork and with a job like you show one must ask was the paperwork provided? I realise since you had to open the consumer unit the failings were unlikely to be missed.
However I have connected up many a portacabin on the strength of the supplied paperwork and checked just one socket to ensure correct polarity. I have often wondered what would be the result should anything have gone wrong? I never took a copy and often no serial number so foreman could have used same sheet for every cabin.

I think they're more likely to be Australian judging by the orientation of the cable clip.

IF the guys that did that were actually Polish then whats the problem with saying so?

Just another example of work being done on the cheap or the customer being tight?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1557306#1557306

Perhaps I have been unfortunate and keep coming across Polish workers efforts at doing electrical work.
No, you've just been unfortunate and keep coming across non-electrician workers efforts at doing electrical work. Had there recently been an influx of untrained workers from the Irish Republic doing building work here you'd have found the same dodgy work. Would their work be dodgy because they were Irish?

I dare say that if you went back in time to Germany in the 1970s you'd have found dodgy work done by British migrant workers. Would their work be dodgy because they were British?

I'm tempted to ask why you can't get it into your head that if the nationality of someone is irrelevant then to bring it up as if it were relevant is racist, but I think I know the reason why.

racist-brain-ad.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back