Easy Seal Self Adhesive roofing products. Any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you proper roofers out there rate Wickes' "Easy Seal Underlay" and "Easy Seal Capsheet"? It is a two layer system. Is the system comparable to a traditional three layer system in terms of length of service? My surveyor recommends three layers of built-up felt as the minimum for a dry workshop garage. Will Wickes' system cut it? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
not a pro - but have used this product several times and found it to be excellent
prime the underneath material with the primer allow to go tacky/almost dry
then apply the rubberised layer be careful with the overlap strips they are prone to sticking to everything but where you want them :LOL:

when applying the top coat make sure you get it the right way up and by that i mean so water drains away from joints not into! (before some smart alec on here starts)

to be honest as a pro i would not use them as they are not really widely used within the domestic market and to be honest if i could find a product that was cheaper and was just as good as the ones i use then i would use it so not really sure why no pros use it other than the fact that it cant be as good. and it all depends on what you are looking for as a finish i mean if you got a pro to do the work then there is no reason why when using good materials the roof wont last you 20 to 30 years and to be honest the way work is at the moment in the flat roofing industry you should be able to get a pretty decent quote and payment terms. shame your not alittle cloeser or i would have been more than happy to price. if you have any queries on what you should be paying or if you do get some quotes an want some advice on them then just get in touch and ill help you out.

if you have any queries on what you should be paying or if you do get some quotes an want some advice on them then just get in touch and ill help you out.

Actually, now that you ask... I'm wondering what quality of flat roofing I should be getting for £1500 plus VAT on a 5m x 2.5m attached garage workshop within the M25 area. Suppose that one had to replace the old delapidated corrugated one (not asbestos).

Sponsored Links
if you have any queries on what you should be paying or if you do get some quotes an want some advice on them then just get in touch and ill help you out.

Actually, now that you ask... I'm wondering what quality of flat roofing I should be getting for £1500 plus VAT on a 5m x 2.5m attached garage workshop within the M25 area. Suppose that one had to replace the old delapidated corrugated one (not asbestos).
Should be gold plated at that price.
My garage roof 6.2m X 7.3mtr cost me £1800 for a tiled roof, thats materials only, I fitted myself.
[/img]

I've just located a roofer who would strip the garage roof, install the structure, osb, three layers of felt and lead flashing for £1300 inc. VAT. £600 inc. VAT for just the refelting and lead flashing. He's rated extremely highly on a rated web site. Where was this guy when I orignally needed the roof rebuilt?! These guys do exist.

I would charge appx £1000(£900 cash :LOL: ) to re-roof that size.18mm ply,HP icopol t/o underlay,HP t/o icopol technotorch mineral(both sbs) and code 3 lead cap flashing.Site cleared/rubbish removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back