EASYLEAD - lead flashing alterntive - anyone used?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Currently working on one storey extension which will need flashing at the abutment to the existing house. The roof is going to be easily accessible and I am a bit worried about using lead (which would be my first choice) due to theft.

I see that UBIFLEX is used a lot but I also found a product called EASYLEAD http://www.roofinglines.co.uk/product/?s=easy-lead-red&s=easy-lead-red-150mm-x-5m which seems a bit cheaper.

Has anyone used? and have opinions? Is it any good or would people suggest sticking to UBIFLEX?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If your flashing is stepped then stick with lead. Ubiflex for stepped flashing is a total nightmare. I can tell you that for a fact. I used swear words I didn't even know i knew.

Used something similar. Easy enough to use. Only time will tell if they last long only problem I found was it marks quite easy.

Sponsored Links
Well it would be easy enough but it is pretty thick stuff and doesn't look like lead. It's got writing all over it for a start. Still, as you say, no-one would nick it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back