Eaves tile pitch for Marley Wessex tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Firstly thanks, these forums have helped me immensely this week as I have ventured into my first roof project and have started to convert the flat roof on an extension into a pitched one. I now have the structure in place and am awaiting BC, so I'm now looking at the subject of tiling...

The pitch of the roof is 16 degrees, hense the Marley Wessex tiles, my question is about the height of the fascia and angle of the first row of tiles... how high do I attach my fascia?

Also, I think the roof is a warm one, insulation will be between and below the rafters, so in terms of ventilation I think I need to add a 25mm ventilation strip across the top of the fascia, which will, of course affect the height as well.

Am I over complicating this?! :unsure:

Thanking you in advance

Sponsored Links
The first row of tiles will sit at the same angle as the rest provided you get the 'kicker' right with the correct depth fascia.

Your roof is a cold roof which means you will need to leave an air gap on the cold side of the insulation (topside) which can be vented by using suitable breathable membrane.

There should not be any need for over-fascia vents provided that your breather membrane allows for non-mechanical ventilation. All info' is found on the factsheet within the membrane wrapping. It should also display the B.B.A. licencing mark.

If you do need over-fascia vents then adjust the depth of the fascia to suit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back