Eaves ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at some drawings of the detail at eaves level showing the ventilation on a cold roof. They show both over fascia ventilation and soffit ventilation. Why would both be needed?

Sponsored Links
bc have in the recent past accepted over fascia vents only on our jobs in staffs. ask your bco and i'm sure he will tell you the architect is being a little over zealous.

The only requirement is that the roof space is ventilated. There are several ways for this and one or the other is sufficient, not both.

What is the reason for the BCO only accepting over fascia venting? I would certainly challenge that as it seems to be a unilateral decision and contrary to the approved documents and the manufacturers guidance.

If ventialtion is evident, then the BCO can't really argue on how it is achieved

I do not know exactly what you mean, but I have just re-checked the building regs and they only say that ventilation at eaves level is required. They do not say that it should be soffit or over fascia or both

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back