Ebola poll

How concerned are you about Ebola?

• Not bothered , never going to be a problem.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Aware but unlikely to do anything personally , the authorities will sort it all out

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Keeping a close eye , laying in extra foodstuffs and essentials

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Writing this from my sealed bunker

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Ebola outbreak has been getting a fair bit of coverage in the press recently although precious little mention has been made of it on here so I'd like to gauge people's thoughts with a little poll. On other forums I use it is more of a hot topic .
Personally I'm not overly concerned , there haven't been any cases over here as yet but with the Americans shambolic handling of their cases I can't help but wonder when it will get here and if our responses will be better. So while not being worried I'm keeping a eye on it and see no problem with getting in a few more tins , dried food and bleach just in case , sort of getting in before the panic stricken hoards stripping the shelves.

Sponsored Links
Camoron's way of preventing ebola getting to Britain - send a hundred British soldiers over :?:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
They have sent a medical team and ship to help the people there. Did that not occur to you?

not in the least worried
if it gets me it gets me
i bet far more will get injured or killed worrying so not paying attention and having accidents

Sponsored Links
yep, just the other day mrs miggins was saying how worried she was about the Ebola virus, then she turned round and fell down an open manhole! :)

It would be really nice if we didn't have to be bombarded with messages about this, I see it on the news every single day, that's already more than enough for me!

Only thing that bothers me about it ( and I sincerely hope the authorities have perhaps thought of this), is that some of these fanatic characters of a certain religion, might see it as the perfect way of killing of a few thousand/million of us infidels. Infect some suicidal fanatics with it and just let them wander around on the underground/ public transport system of a major city. Spreading exponentially, it could soon spiral out of control, costing thousands of lives and countless £billions in money and resources.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Only thing that bothers me about it ( and I sincerely hope the authorities have perhaps thought of this), is that some of these fanatic characters of a certain religion, might see it as the perfect way of killing of a few thousand/million of us infidels. Infect some suicidal fanatics with it and just let them wander around on the underground/ public transport system of a major city. Spreading exponentially, it could soon spiral out of control, costing thousands of lives and countless £billions in money and resources.

That has already been done, read the book "Executive Orders" by Tom Clancy.

Jack Ryan the Hero of the book saved the day though ! :eek:

That has already been done, read the book "Executive Orders" by Tom Clancy.

Jack Ryan the Hero of the book saved the day though ! :eek:

Didn't actually mean in a novel Boss. meant in real life. (and it's not beyond the realms of possibility) ;) ;)

Because squeaky it is poor to think of what has been done is just to prevent ebola getting to Britain. I am sure that is not what the medics who have gone think that is why they are there

I think due to our involvement in nuclear, bacteria and chemical warfare that was carried out at that place near Salisbury,'the name eludes me at the moment, our forces are well versed in how to dress for the occasion, I don't think they will cross themselves in the event of a death either, I reckon thats how the Spanish nurse got it, when the priest died she probably crossed herself, should have been an atheist.

The idea of weaponising the virus has come up on the other forums I visit although how viable such a thing would be is not certain. A carrier would of course need to be infected immediately before entering the country in order not to show any symptoms but would have to wait until he was ill to be effectively contagious. However as it happens the inept handling of the US and to a similar degree Spain would appear to be doing the job for any potential terrorists.
I haven't actually voted myself although as I say my vote would go to the third option. The last option was in all honesty tongue in cheek so I'm thinking that the responses to that are basically a Mickey take.

It is actually quite difficult to catch.

Much like AIDS - which was going to kill us all thirty years ago.

The media wants sorting out - unless they are under orders to frighten us with whatever they can.

Sponsored Links
Back