Ebola poll

How concerned are you about Ebola?

• Not bothered , never going to be a problem.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Aware but unlikely to do anything personally , the authorities will sort it all out

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Keeping a close eye , laying in extra foodstuffs and essentials

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Writing this from my sealed bunker

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's named after the ebola river, which is one of the locations it was first identified in 1976. These things happen in warm tropical climates as they are the perfect breeding grounds, i.e. you can't catch a cold at the poles.. too cold, ironically.

It also doesn't help that some people eat monkeys that have found dead.

When there is a famine and no food to go around, a dead monkey would be considered a bonus.

Sponsored Links
It's named after the ebola river, which is one of the locations it was first identified in 1976. These things happen in warm tropical climates as they are the perfect breeding grounds, i.e. you can't catch a cold at the poles.. too cold, ironically.

It also doesn't help that some people eat monkeys that have found dead.

If that's true and I've no reason to doubt you, the monkey probably died of Ebola itself.

I personally think that they should suspend all flights apart from aid until they can bring it under control.

Sponsored Links
Only thing that bothers me about it ( and I sincerely hope the authorities have perhaps thought of this), is that some of these fanatic characters of a certain religion, might see it as the perfect way of killing of a few thousand/million of us infidels. Infect some suicidal fanatics with it and just let them wander around on the underground/ public transport system of a major city. Spreading exponentially, it could soon spiral out of control, costing thousands of lives and countless £billions in money and resources.

they already tried it, but a week before it was to happen, all the jihadists phoned in sick.

Thanks for all the replies although I am thinking that maybe we need another poll to see if we believe that almost a quarter of responders have gone into some sort of isolationist lockdown mode :eek:
I admire those who have unswerving faith that those in charge will see everything through safely but I do applaud the single one who voted to take their own action somewhat more. The situation may very well blow over but if it doesn't that single person will be in a much better position than the majority and of course won't have lost anything as they will still have a houseful of useable stuff , sort of like an insurance policy that pays out both ways :D
Anyway thanks again and hoping the majority are right.

If it mutated to become airborne, as it has before, although only in the simian varient of the virus then I think I would be a few orders of magnitude more worried.

That has already been done, read the book "Executive Orders" by Tom Clancy.

Jack Ryan the Hero of the book saved the day though ! :eek:

Didn't actually mean in a novel Boss. meant in real life. (and it's not beyond the realms of possibility) ;) ;)

Tom Clancy also had a Boing 747 kamikazeed into the White House in "Debt of Honor", written 7 years before the 9/11 attacks.

Just hope it doesn't get too far out of control, and Geldof feels the need to step in. Can't face seeing his mug on the box all the time. :(

Seems like I spoke too soon. Saint Bob doesn't miss a chance to promote himself. :rolleyes:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-11/band-aid-charity-single/5881086

Damn these humanitarian disasters for keeping his pious 'spent the night on a park bench' face on our screens. He should have bowed out graciously in the early 80s, when his very average rock band petered out.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Precisely, and with a personal fortune of £32m, perhaps Geldof should give them some of his own 'f***ing money'.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Precisely, and with a personal fortune of £32m, perhaps Geldof should give them some of his own 'f***ing money'.

And the new version of DTKIC is fookin awful. Definitely the worst version ever. ;) ;)
I've noticed, every time this single is resurrected, Africans are dying in their thousands... It's about time Bob G released an album. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back