ecoTEC 28 pro combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ecoTEC 28 pro combi boiler and have just drained the CH system as had to re-route some pipes. I've filled it back up (bleeding from the last radiator back) and added sentinal x400. I'll empty it out after 4 weeks and replace with inhibitor.

However, in the meantime my problem is that the heating doesn't seem to be getting hot! Can anyone suggest why this might be?

Sponsored Links
Well thats hard to guess!

Maybe you have left some valves closed ?

A heating engineer would find the problem in minutes but a DIYer could be years!

Tony

all radiator valves and any valves on the pipes coming out the boiler are open fully. Are either of these what you mean?

Is there anything I should be doing on the boiler? All rads are multi-column and guessing there are lots of places air bubbles could collect... But have bleed each for several minutes.... and pressure is fine.

Sponsored Links
You should have let the boiler purge its self. Turn boiler off and then whold '+' button whilst turning on. When P0 appears press the 'i' button.

This may be the fault (unlikely) but this is what should be done after filling.

Does the hw work ok?

Hi thanks - I did let the boiler purge itself. I also, ran the bleeding test program - although it does say when you do this that the cap on the air vent must be loosened. Not sure where this is...?

HW is fine. The re-routing was pretty basic - just removed some pipe and made it a bit more straight forward after removing a wall the pipes were on.

What problems could re-routing have created?

Just behind the pump. Like a car tyre valve cap. Loosen it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back