Edison screw batten holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to source an ES batten holder. I can only find details on the 'net for a Clipsal one, which appearently is now discontinued, according to my wholesaler.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Spark. I'm wiring it with surface clipped cables and the brass one will need to be mounted on some kind of pattress box to enable me to get the cables in the back. It's aesthetic qualities are dubious too.
I think it's surprising that more manufacturers don't make ES batten holders whan so many bulkheads etc are ES.

what is this holder for and why does it need to be ES?

Sponsored Links
It's for an assessment rig. It's to check that students know to check for polarity in ES lampholders, not withstanding the fact that the regs state that only GES need to be checked. Hence it has to be ES and is stipulated as such by City and Guilds. I don't think anybody thought about the logistics of availability.
It's to be installed in the workshop in a brick bay, so I'm only able to clip surface. I may have to change the plans slightly and use a bulkhead.

If you wanted you could screw the forsaid brass batten to a circular conduit box...

Mmmm, I could but I don't know if the holes are spaced for regular BESA accessories. It looks to me like they may be too narrow...
Also I wanted to try to avoid using back boxes if poss.
Bearing in mind we're dealing with students, who by their nature are unqualified and could do silly things, it may be better if I avoid brass or any other kind of Class 1 equipment. Dead students in the workshop does not a happy tutor make.

Final offer!!!
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?sku=PL04347[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same market as Andy.

My daughter is operating chicken brooders and here in Oz bayonet filament globes (required for their heat output) are almost impossible to find (in fact they are illegal to sell under normal circumstances). But I did manage to acquire a large quantity of ES filament globes very cheaply. Now the brooders have bayonet batten holders installed... So I'm looking for up to half a dozen ES batten holders... I checked out Spark123's link above but the exact item 'we' were looking for is 'no longer stocked'... It seems ES batten holders are more rare than teeth in our hens!

We have used Bayonet to Edison Screw Socket Converters with some success but due to the added length they drop the globes lower than ideal and they seem mostly 60W max whereas our ES globes are 100W.

Any suggestions?

Hopefully yours,

futzer :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back