Electric Boiler just for taps and high flow shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly let me say I'm a total newbe to all this. Please bear with me.. This site seemed to be the place to come to get answers and I could do with all the help I could get! :)

We are looking to get a new boiler fitted. It must be electric and
has to power kitchen taps, bathroom taps, and a high flow powerful
shower.

We currently have an immersion heater (electric) that runs into a pump
that kicks in when the water comes on.

We would like to remove that tank, and just have a boiler that heats
water as we need it.

All the heating is from electric radiators so this isn't a part of the boilers use. It's just to power the shower and taps

I was wondering what kind of unit I should be looking at? Is what I'm after even out there?? All the searching I've done seems to include centeral heating and I don't need this. I just want a powerful shower and normal kitchen and bathroom taps.

Any help would be most welcomed.

Regards,
Simon

Sponsored Links
Don't think there is anything out there that is an 'electric combi'.

The only thing I can suggest is to replace your cylinder with a mains pressured un-vented direct cylinder. This will enable you to get rid of the shower pump.

You will however need at least 20l/min and at least 3 bar in your cold incoming mains.

Seen a domestic Bosch electric water heater with an input of 26.85Kw but that was for the US market...Ironically it was made by Applied Energy in Peterborough ....You work the fuse size out :eek:

Yikes that sounds like a monster! :)

For a powerful shower flow what kind of rating would I need? I mean the more compact the boiler the better really.

Regards,
Simon

Sponsored Links
worked on a swedish version, had 3 phs elements other than that totally regular controls :rolleyes:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone else could offer any help? I'm still trying to work out roughly what I would need.

Many thanks in advance,

Simon

Well here is a thought.. If you are all electric then how about an unvented cylinder to give you mains pressure hot water, heated up to about 45 Centigrade with something like a Trianco Activeair heat pump and then topped up using the electric immersion in the cylinder,.. (Dependant on your cold water pressure)

Hi there, thanks for your reply.. Could such a thing be fitted into the loft? The whole reason for me doing this is to try and free up space by removing the huge hot and cold hot water tanks.

If a combi boiler is out of the question I'm thinking now maybe I should try moving everything up into the loft? Only problem there is the loft height is only around 1.5m high.

Regards,
Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back