Electric cooker and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have read the extensive postings on electric cookers and hobs. Have just purchased an electric hob and electric double oven to replace a gas hob and electric single oven. Appliance ratings appear to be hob 5.5Kw and oven 5.2Kw(I'm not sure I've got this right as it seems a lot higher than the ratings indicated in previous postings). Basically my proposed configuration (taken from the instuctions provided) is to wire each of the appliance to the same (existing) cooker connector unit using 4mm2. Will I then need to upgrade the wiring and breaker back to the DB which is currently 6mm2 and 32Amp - if yes would upgrading these be the simplest solution?

Sponsored Links
The best option is to run in another 6.0mm to give two seperate 32amp circuits for the two appliances. The single 6mm you have at present is too light to take the load of both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back