Electric cooker connection to cooker socket - DIY?

arh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
A friend on mine has just moved into a brand new council house. She has purchased a new cooker and needs it wired up to a double pole cooker socket using a 6mm cable. No additional electric wiring is required.

I would like to know if I can legally carry this job out. I have had plenty of experience as a DIY person and done basic electrics before. I fully understand what the job involves and am confident that I can do this very easily and to a good standard.

If I connect it myself will the warranty still be valid and will the council accept this or do I need to get a registered electrician to do this?

If this is the case how much would I expect to pay in the Wembley area for a connection?

Sponsored Links
It's just an appliance, not electrical installation work - you may legally connect it, and I'd be gobsmacked if the warranty Ts'n'Cs required you to use an electrician. If they do I'm sure they could be challenged on legal grounds re unfair terms and conditions.

I'd be equally gobsmacked if the council gave a stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back