electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,we bought arangemaster dual fuel pro deluxe 100 electric cooker few months before.i had asked the forum members what size cable is needed.were told 6mm two core and earth with 32 amps mcb.cooker has two types of connection diagrams.one says 230V ac 50 HZ.on this diagram 6mm two core and earth is used ie L to live N to nutral and E to earth.
second diagram says 3N ac
230/400V 50 Hz
on this four core and earth cable is used.ie L1,L2,L3,N and earth.
i have connected L to live N to nutral and E to earth.this i believe is domestic single phase supply.problem is only one electric oven works while no power to other.any help is much apriciated.thanks.sorry. posted on wrong forum.do not know how to send to uk forum.

Sponsored Links
You have done it correctly.

However, there should be links which must be fitted to connect L1, L2 & L3.

They will be somewhere in the connector block.

Similar to these - although yours may be a different design.

Have a look in the instructions.

9898d1240522068-belling-335-cooker-connection-point-0077.jpg

You have done it correctly.

However, there should be links which must be fitted to connect L1, L2 & L3.

They will be somewhere in the connector block.
ours is same like CU busbar .it has three teeth which are connected into L1,L2 and L3.other end has nut and bolt connection where live supply is connected.its same for nutral block.and earth.if it needs 3 phase connection then busbar needs to be removed then L1,L2 and L3 are connected separately with 4 core and earth.i have shown the manual to electrition at my work place he also said connection is correct as single phase domestic supply.one oven works fine the other does not.once power is connected .it automatically powers every thing which is pre wired.

Sponsored Links
Well, if everything is connected/connecting properly we can only assume the cooker is faulty - it could be the switch.

You could ask on the Appliances forum to see if it is a common occurrence.

Lots of ovens with clocks will not operate until the clock is set.

The time is not important (unless you want to use the timer function, that is), just that it is set.

Lots of ovens with clocks will not operate until the clock is set.
Yes, I knew that but have not come across one where one oven works but not the rest so did not think that could be the reason.

It does seems odd.
It's not odd at all EFLI, if I remember correctly it's a little quirk with this type of oven.
But basically on this type of model, the multifunction oven can be turned on off by using the timer control function but the second oven normally right handed one does not have this facility.
The OP must also remember, if they have a power failure to the appliance, the clock will need resetting for the appliance to operate as normal again.

Aah. I suppose that makes sense.

If one of the ovens can be controlled by the clock (timer) then the clock has to be operating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back