Electric heating and hot water - whole flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Could someone tell me where to get advice on heating and providing hot water (no gas) for a small 2-bed top floor conversion. What size tank would I be looking at? Can they go in a cupboard?

Sponsored Links
The search button would be a good place.

But,

150 litre tank, and a 6 or 9Kw electric boiler would be a good start.

Heatre Sadia do the Electromax of which we look after several with no problems (water treatment is essential though).

Will fit in an airing cupboard.

Thank you. This is a good start so I have a bit of knowledge to discuss the options with a plumber/electrician. Any rough ideas on costs?

Sponsored Links
Electric wet central heating, which is the cheapest to run, take the form of two types; first is a 'flow through' type boiler, cylinder & radiators. Second & best is a 'storage' type boiler & radiators. The later being the best with a large unvented cylinder with an internal coil for the CH.

Fitted a few of these & they're very good;

http://www.heatwell.co.uk/our-produ...rage-boiler/electric-combi-boiler-price-list/

HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back