Electric shock between kitchen sink and dish washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently been getting a shock between my sink and my dish washer, so i called out a spark to have a look. When the spark turned up last week he said that it was just a fault on the single socket that the dish washer was plugged into, he then told me to unplug the dish washer and not use it until he came back as he had no single socket on the van to change it with. So naturally i haven't, but having read about a bit on the net and noticing a post further down the page i'm beginning to wonder if thats all that could be the matter?

He says that he did a test on the backside of the socket and the readings came out ok, so i'm inclined to believe him.

Edit: I also said to him that i thought he'd already done the main bonding when my kitchen was fitted but his reply was that the kitchen sink did not need to be bonded anymore and that as seen as the stop cock was not underneath the kitchen sink, and the pipes in the house were plastic then there would be no earth bond at the sink at all. Is this also right? Because as you can understand i am not happy considering the work has not long been completed.

Sponsored Links
It seems sensible not to use the socket until it has been replaced.

There is no need to bond a kitchen sink.
What material is the drain pipe made out of?

A friend of mine was convinced they were getting shocks because their sink wasn't earthed, it was actually that the socket supplying the adjacent dishwasher had no earth. Sounds very similar to you. Maybe you should trust the pro on this one?

(and no the sink DOES NOT need earthed - 99.9% of the time)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back