Electric Shower and Power Shower in a cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had an electrician tell me that you cannot have an electric shower, and a mixer shower, on the same wall in a 1000x900 cubicle. Is this correct?

The customer wants a mixer shower as the pressure is better and he feels that it is cheaper from the boiler, but he also wants to have an electric shower installed to cover for if there is ever a boiler problem.

However the electrician I got to come in says that it is against regulations to have an electric shower installed in the cubicle if there is a thermostatic mixer (not power) shower in there as well.

Sponsored Links
Sounds a dubious theory to me. Ask him which regulation.

Would the positions of the items mean that the electric shower would be blasted by the mixer shower?

Why not explore the option of a remote electric shower, with just the control panel in the cubicle - looks neater anyway.

Seems over the top to me having 2 showers. :confused:

If the boiler packs up that often, I think a new boiler would be a better idea...
;)

Sponsored Links
You don't know how the boiler is fired.

Maybe fuel for it cannot be guaranteed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back