Electric shower intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Mira shower which has recently started running hot and cold.

It's over 15 years old and I suspect is simply dying. We had an identical problem in our last property with an electric shower which was less than a year old and was repaired under warranty but in this case I'm guessing it's going to be almost as cheap to have a plumber come out and fit a new unit rather than attempt a repair.

Thoughts? How much are 7.5kw electric showers to fit these days in the Bristol area?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Try the Mira website and see if they have a fault diagnosis section. Email their support and see what they say!

Hot-cold-hot-cold etc suggests that the normal temperature control thermal stat has failed and it's actually "controlling" temperature on the over-temp safety cut-out.

Sponsored Links
You might be surprised... I've told customers to call Aqua Lisa before now thinking they'd sell them a new unit, instead, they came out and replaced parts for very reasonable costs - I guessed it was a loss-leader on AL's part, to retain customer loyalty on the basis that 'eventually' the owner will come back to buy a complete new package :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back