Electric shower isolation switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently changed a shower enclosure for a bath in my bathroom and intent to have an electric shower over it. I am running a new 10mm T+E for this but the pull cord isolation switch is now over the bath which i would assume is not ok. Do i need a pull cord isolation switch/ wall mounted outside the bathroom door or can i simply put one in the attic above the bathroom?
Its the only bathroom in a small terrace.

Cheers. Oh and don't worry i know its notifiable and an electrician is coming to do everything other than run/clip the cable. I just wanted to understand the regs and have everything here set up for him.

Sponsored Links
If the switch itself is above 2.25M from the floor then it's out of zone irrespective of it being over the bath itself.

thanks for the fast reply!!

The switch is a standard pull cord affair mounted on the ceiling and the ceiling is standard 8FT so its a good 2.4 from floor. Obviously from the base of the bath its around 2.1 and the lip of the bath maybe only 1.8m and the electric shower is over the bath and will discharge into it. So you could reach it while using the shower. Is that still ok cause I would love to leave it where it is if thats not against the regs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back