Electric shower isolation switch?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the many responses and heated debate but are you telling me that it is fine to have a standard pull cord isolation switch right over the bath/shower area?

I would rather do that anyway and was only moving it outside as i was under the impression that it was not compliant if it could be reached by someone during use of the shower?

It's where the switch is that matters, not the cord. There's no danger in grabbing hold of a piece of string when you're in the bath/shower.

thanks for the many responses and heated debate but are you telling me that it is fine to have a standard pull cord isolation switch right over the bath/shower area?
Where is the light switch pull cord in relation to the bath?
Why can't the shower pull switch be mounted adjacent? (thinking space available, as theres nothing wrong regs wise)
I would rather do that anyway and was only moving it outside as i was under the impression that it was not compliant if it could be reached by someone during use of the shower?
As BAS says, you are not touching a switch, you are touching a piece of string. Thats pretty much why they are made like that.

Sponsored Links
ok thats cool i'll leave it where it is above the bath then, i was under the illusion that you mustn't be able to operate the switch whilst using the shower but i suppose thats for normal switchs rather than pull cord.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back