Electric Shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am currently renovating my 2 bed electric only flat. The current electric shower is a triton rapide R3 and I believe its 9.5kw. It is fed of mains supply with adequate water pressure. However when on a hot setting the pressure is poor. Is there anything that can be done to improve? Do low pressure shower heads work or can an alternative shower be recommend. Or do electric showers just give a poor performance when wanting hot water.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Or do electric showers just give a poor performance when wanting hot water

Pretty much, especially when the weather gets colder. The hotter you want it the slower the flow will be unfortunately.

Thought so.
Would a higher KW unit produce more power or different shower head??

More KWs will improve things but probably not by much. A low pressure shower head may improve the flow, however if the water flows faster you'll have to turn it down further to keep the water as hot as before. The flow is related to the temp, therefore increase the flow and it'll get colder.

Sponsored Links
A low pressure head will make things worse . The shower is restricting the flow to heat it up enough . Put a bigger head on and the perceived pressure will be less .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back