Electric Sub station garage looking type on new build Risks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We currently looking at new builds and have been to a few sites, we looked at the plans for a plot we could be interested in, all seems good corner plot, open green area to side, but in front of the house of the other side of the road about 15 to 18 meters away we have a mini sub station that looks like a mini garage.

My question is are these dangerous to health like the large pylons etc any electricians with info on this that could help me out would be much appriciated thanks.

EDIT just added a picture in Substation album so you can see what i mean its took from a site up the road ;)

Clubb699

Sponsored Links
it will give off an Electromagnetic field but its to far away to do you any harm

it will give off an Electromagnetic field but its to far away to do you any harm

Ok thanks, any idea what the danger level distances are the house over the road next to is with in a few meters to it :eek:

No danger at all. If there was they would not be allowed to site them where they do. Any 'potential' EM risks are screened. Only danger with a sub-station is if you enter it.

Sponsored Links
No danger at all. If there was they would not be allowed to site them where they do. Any 'potential' EM risks are screened. Only danger with a sub-station is if you enter it.

Ok thanks for the reasurrance ;)

Stand under overhead lines at 400kV with a fluorescent tube, one end in the ground. Then tell me theres no danger! ;)

(I know theres no danger, or they wouldnt be allowed)

Sponsored Links
Back