Electric tooth brush does not hold charge for long enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

I have had my electric tooth brush for just over 3 years now. The brush works perfectly except the battery does not seem to hold the charge for long enough, and I have to virtually charge it overnight every night.

Would you suggest I keep doing that or spend money and buy a new one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a manual brush. The exercise could be beneficial :mrgreen:

The rechargable cells do degrade over time. Some can be changed for new AAA cells but not all.

A new one may be the best option. I would drop a note to the customer service saying you are unhappy at the short life of the brushes rechargable cells. They might be sympathetic and may offer something.

Keep it out the way of your missus.

Sponsored Links
What make is it? I have a Braun, which uses NiMH batteries. My first one lasted many years, far more than 3. The current one is more than 3 years old, and going strong. They do wear out, constant recharging and discharging wears out the cells. Rechargeable AA batteries wear down. I use some high capacity cells in a torch for running, and after a year they had lost 1/3 of their capacity due to the high discharge rate!

Do you have very shiny clean teeth? :)

I have, in the past, taken an old toothbrush apart and replaced the rechargeable cell (it was out of warranty anyway). The most difficult part is making a good connection, as the original rechargeable cells are soldered in.

when my Philips sonicare went crackers due to a failed rubber seal letting corrosive toothpasty water in and ruining the battery, I toyed with the idea of replacing the battery..
..then found a seller on ebay offering the identical brush handle, manufacturer refurb unboxed for 30 quid.. considering I already had all the other junk, charger, uv steriliser, heads etc, I felt that was a bargain compared to buying a battery and buggering about with it for an hour. try feebay, may work out for you..

Isn't that normal? ours just stays on charge the whole time

Sponsored Links
Back