Electricfix Catalogue

:LOL:

Price is always completely OTT on their system, it drops down to something sensible when a discounting code is entered... you get a better code the more you buy... DIYers get one generic code, big contractors will have a specific code for themselves

In theory, in practice it's quite hit and miss, I've had invoices on which the discount has been "forgotten", right up to the 98% on cable.

Plus, they make it up on the spot often as not depending if they like you and how their days going. If I get an apprentice she'll be blond with big breasts.

Sponsored Links
RF - thankfully not - it'd be a long drive for me to reach your local one! I'm lucky to have several around here and I shop carefully but make sure they all know I'm not exactly faithful to them. Those with counter "monkeys" I stay well clear of in favour of those that know their stock and customers.

I use SF sometimes for known brands rather than their own stuff but only ever on line as all their local counters have such poor stock levels. My prefered wholesaler will also take stuff on line and deliver next day to home or site - much better for the odd return as well.

Unfortunatly where I live, and have my main base of work, there is only one wholesaler near by.

Other than than, I have to drive between 25 mins to an hour to the next nearest depending on traffic.

My local wholesaler robs you on price, has appaling stock levels, the counter lads have little product knowledge, and perhaps the slowest service I have ever experienced. It can take over an hour to be served sometimes.

You use the three letter wholesalers???? ;)

Sponsored Links
How did you guess? :cry:

I prefer to drive the extra 15 mins to eddies, but it's not always practical.

got mine today...

pity they haven't put up a sub-section to the website.. it's a pain phoning a big list through..

they also seem to carry the stocks and dies I was after a while back..

what page was this "house wiring kit" mentioned on?

and do you think it's a bit condescending of them to put part-p, harmonized colours and cable safe zones in the back when it's a trade only catalogue?

Is there a minimum spend like plumbfix?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back