United Kingdom
ELECTROLUX

MODEL
EOB53001X

PRODUCT
949712733-02

MANUAL
http://www.electrolux.co.uk/support/manuals/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello

I am hoping someone can offer some advice on the latest problem with my oven. Basically the oven works for about 20 minutes and then turns off. I have read what I can on this problem and x2 things strike me as possible causes. I may be totally wrong ofcourse (quite likely). I was thinking...

1 - Faulty Thermostat ???
2 - Faulty Thermo Cut-Out ???

Logic would suggest its not the Thermo cut-out as the oven does actually cut out so I was wandering if anyone could tell me how to go about replacing the actual thermostat. Is this the actual dial on the front of the oven ? or is it actually another part of it somewhere else in the oven ?

I dont think its the heating element as this was replaced a year or so ago and when that was faulty it tripped the electrics.

Please help ! Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

I have been reading further into this and it seems it could be the cut-out afterall as I read a faulty thermostat would tend to cause overheating. Perhaps I should buy both parts ? Is there a way of telling ? inspection ? or using some sort of electric meter ? is it better to just arrange an Electrolux technician ? to avoid buying a whole load of parts I dont need ? I'm pretty sure a technician from Electrolux would cost more than a new oven to be honest. hmm...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes, it sounds like a faulty TOC (thermal overload cutout) which looks lik this:
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/electro...4387&path=78825,49426:78853&model_ref=6592031

That price seems very high though, it should be about £10. If you remove it you might find it is marked with a temperature and you can buy a new one of the same temperature. To test if that is the fault you could wait for the oven to cut out, join the 2 TOC wires together (with the power to the oven off!) then turn on and see if it starts heating again. There is a way of clipping the 2 female spade terminals together for such checks or you can get double male spades.

Cheers fidom. I ordered that part and it has turned up now. Next question is. Where does it go ? I guess Im going to have to pull out the oven ? and either unscrew the back or top to look for it. I cant seem to find any other helpful advice on the whole of the internet. Wow!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
An update to this. I got home this evening to find that the oven wont even turn on at all now. I mean, there is power but the thermostat doesnt power up at all on any selection of the control dial. Can anyone advise if this means its not the thermal cut out switch but the thermostat itself or both ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I was not suggesting you just buy the part and change it. I gave the link so you could see what the part looks like and then find it and check as described. Diagnosisis is often a process of elimination but a visual inspection is the first step. This means getting the oven out of its housing and removing the back panel. Look for any signs of burning, especially where the mains cable connects to the oven. You should also see the TOC, although it may be located behind the fan oven element cover inside the oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back