Electrolux oven door seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Electrolux electric double oven, Model EOD983X2 / 944171091 . Just recently we noticed that hot air was coming out from around the main oven door. After checking the door seal and finding it to have deteriorated somewhat I bought an authentic replacement from Electrolux. After looking at a few you tube videos, which made it seem really easy to replace the seal I decided to have a go. Whilst most seals are held in place by a clip at each corner this one appears to be almost welded in. You have to remove quite a few screws to get the frame at the front of the oven to move forwards so that you can take out the old and insert the new. The exploded pictures from the Electrolux website show that the main oven and the top oven have separate frames so that each seal may be replaced individually.. hmmm not quite the case on my oven. The frame has no split so all the screws from both ovens have to be removed. The problem is that one of the screws is behind the lower lip of the top oven door and I cant get at it to remove it. The frame seems pretty solidly stuck as with most screws removed you would expect a bit of movement in the frame. Not so in this case. I can't find any information on replacing the seal on this oven on the web, just the ones showing clips.

Any advice gratefully excepted and thanks for sticking with me on this painfully long post.
Al

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back